Posted in Uncategorized

Meeting Notes

General Meeting of Mallee Artists Swan Hill Inc.

Held 10.30am  Wednesday 10th February 2021 at Woorinen South Community Centre Hall

(12 members in attendance, 7 apologies received. full names not publicly available)

Correspondence

SHRCC Hall invoice and COVID safe rules for hall.

Business Arising

  • Venues (COVID SAFE)
    • We can have up to 20 here at the hall.  Please BYO mug, entry by donation.  Although we have to pay $30 per week it was agreed to keep the weekly fee as a gold coin donation with MASH paying for the shortfall if necessary.  Lorri to approach Council to see if we can have the fee waived or lowered.
    • There are 4 regulars attending the motel and the limit is currently 6 people.  If you wish to attend please contact Sue.  No fees for the motel at this stage.  BYO food and mug.
  • Thank You to Justin & Jean. 
    Judy and Sue presented them with a thank you gift.  Judy to be reimbursed.
  • Art Supplies.  Dandy Lion studio has some good quality supplies, although Limited.  The Gift of Craft has some Monte Marte supplies, suitable for beginners.  Discussion to approach both Dandy Lion and Bakker and Glen regarding supply of watercolour paper and odourless turps as being the most difficult supplies to get. Most people order online.
  • Raising our profile:  The suggestions presented last year will be followed up on.  Lorri to check if Information Centre & gallery still have flyers.
  • Swan Hill Show:  If the show runs in 2021 MASH will continue to support with a donation and assistance in hanging works.  T was suggested we also have flyers available to be handed out.
  • Exhibition
    • Discussion was held regarding a suitable venue and if we want to do the Mothers Day exhibition in 2021.  Lorri suggested that more important was that it was MASH’s 20th year of operation and that perhaps a “Retrospective Exhibition” and celebration be held instead.  It was agreed to put our energy into that instead of the Mothers Day exhibition. 
    • Lorri to contact Ian Tully to discuss.  If the Regional Gallery is not available other possible venue have been suggested including:  Anglican or Uniting church halls, Grain Shed.

A sub was formed committee to organise the exhibition and celebration consisting of:

Joy, Judy, Lorri and Helen Mc.

  • Social Activities
    Norma suggested that a sub committee be formed to arrange some social outings to connect the members especially as we now have two groups.  It was agreed that some social outings such as coffee mornings and some trips to neighbouring galleries would be great.  Norma and Sue agreed to take on this role and will meet to discuss ideas to bring to members.
  • Workshop ideas
    Members were asked to suggest ideas for major workshops as well as “First Wednesday” in house workshops.  Workshop sub Committee is currently: Judy, Helen Mc, Lorri, Nancy, Maxine and Sue.
  • Major Workshops
    • Paul Oswin (watercolour)
    • Jon Lam (oils or acrylics)
    • Kathy Gibson Glass art (requires travel to Moulamein)
    • Shirley Pinchen (drawing)
    • Di Giddings (clay heads)
    • Mosaics (requires travel to Moulamein)
    • Ross Paterson (oils)
  • First Wednesdays the Hall
    • March 3rd: Merrilyn offered to run “Funky Trees” acrylics workshop over 2 days.  Lorri to liaise with Merrilyn and send out information.
    • April 7th & 14th: Paverpol (sculpture) price to be advised  
    • May 5th: Collage and paper mosaics.  (free) bring your ideas and materials to share!

Meeting closed 11.30am

Next Meeting May 12th 12 noon

Author:

Artist, teacher, Counsellor, Art Therapist.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s