End of Month Cuppa
Come along to a great social get together for all MASH members from both groups.
10.30am, Last Friday of each Month @ Modern Natural Café, McCallum St Swan Hill.
Members and Guests Welcome!
Weekly Art Groups
Weekly painting days are in full swing and its great to see members trying out new mediums and styles.
- Tuesdays 9.30 – to 12 @ Murray River Motel, Campbell Street, Swan Hill
- Wednesdays 9.30 to 12.30 @ Woorinen South Community Hall.
Kerryn Finch Workshop: Expressive Still Life
Sat 6th May 10am-3pm @ Woorinen South Community Hall
$60 members $80 guests
Her style has developed over time, and Kerryn describes it as being a bit like her own language. She paints the things that have meaning to her, whether that’s a packet of chips, or a CD cover or some flowers from her garden, it’s her unique view of the world.
# If you do not have materials MASH has plenty in the cupboard to share!
- Paper for drawing sketches of composition, this might be a sketch book or similar.
- Drawing materials eg: grey lead pencils, charcoal, white pencils.
- A variety of sizes of paintbrushes suitable for acrylic painting,
- A canvas or two, or some heavy duty paper or card.
- Palette knife, and a palette or two.
- An easel, if you like I can bring some table easels, just let me know if these are required.
- Empty jars for water, rags for cleaning, apron (optional)
- masking tape, (not essential but handy)
- Acrylic paints, colours I recommend as a basic starting point are
- Titanium white
- Paynes grey (I use this instead of black)
- Raw umber (dark brown)
- Primary red or similar
- Primary yellow or similar
- Primary blue or similar
We can mix almost everything ourselves if we just have the basics.
Kerryn is exhibiting at Mildura 6th April to 28th May. https://www.milduraartscentre.com.au/WhatsOnPages/Exhibitions/On-the-Table.aspx She also has a Facebook page for her art. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063605355171
First Wednesday in June:
Pen and Wash with Lorri Lambert ($10 includes regular weekly fee)
Later in the year : Jon Lam Portraits stay tuned for details!
Exhibitions & Competitions
Fight Cancer 9×5 Exhibition and Online Auction Fundraiser
Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery, 29th April – 11th June 2023
Artworks will be on display at the Gallery and images and profiles will be on the auction website.
28th April 2023 – 11th June 2023
Artworks available for viewing in person at the 9 x 5 Art Exhibition on display at Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery Horseshoe Bend, Swan Hill. 2% Buyers Premium applies.
Emily: 0407 080 427 Graeme Hayes Real Estate: (03) 5450 3792
Travis Hipworth: 0435 591 985
Click on the CLEARING SALES link and the online auction will be available.